Not open for further replies.

mot1639

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all

I bought wavetrend RFID l-Rx201 , for long range RFID tag reader , and it small and work great in my PC.

now I come to integrated to micro controller (pic18f25k22) and use mikroc as a compiler .

the red box is one packet that shows the tag information and receiver info . under green line , 0x23 0x3A, it is tag Id which is 9018. and the 0x33 and 0x00 is a dont care value and it always should be same . the 0x6C it is signal strength and it always change depend on the tag if it is near to RFID receiver or far a way (it is from 0x00 to 0xFF. )

now i write simple code to chick if the RFID tag in area or not , if it is is blink LED , and if not, it keep led off , ( this code work fine) it similer for the one in bottom but remove the compare if and move LED to IF loop in i=4...

now I try to develop the code to switch on the LED if the RFID signal strength is bigger than 180 , that mean bigger than 0xB4 which mean the tag is near to RFID receiver for about 5m , if it is more than 5m (that mean it should be lower than 0xB4) it shold not give me LED ,

the problem now it always give LED if I am far or near to RFID ?????????? but if the tag not in area of the RFID receiver, it will keep the LED OFF.

now ,how can I mange to compare the hex value of the signal strength ????? if i wanted to be more than 0xb4 ?????

this is a code

Code:
unsigned long  i;
char tmp;
char hexStrn [4] = {0x23,0x3A,0x33,0x00};

void main() {
initialization();  // config the value
LED();
i=1;
found =1;

while(1){
  if (UART1_Data_Ready()){