Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Please help asap in SPWM Inverter 24V to 220V 400Hz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickooo

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I am working on some SPWM 24V DC to 220V 400HZ AC output.

I have used PIC microcontroller and generate 400Hz SPWM. I have used H-Bridge and to AC wave. I am using IR2110 driver and IRL540 MOSFET. Here is the full schematic with proteus file https://drive.google.com/file/d/1O5i0CAcYKvNllBn55bKA1xvXgkTreIUc/view?usp=sharing Can you look on it whats wrong with this circuit? I am getting not sure if H-Bridge working fine or not. I am unable to boost it with transformer as well. Can you tell me why?

I have used these blog to get result https://tahmidmc.blogspot.com/2012/10/generation-of-sine-wave-using-spwm-in_10.html

Looking forward for your response.
Thanks

Only few members are using Proteus. Please post a readable schematic (*.pdf, *.png). Also describe in detail which problems you are observing.

Attachments

• sch.png
    sch.png
    114 KB · Views: 678
  • sch1.png
    sch1.png
    73.3 KB · Views: 303
  • sch2.png
    sch2.png
    66.5 KB · Views: 631
  • SPWM Inverter.rar
    91.2 KB · Views: 143

It's a bridge configuration. Connecting the transformer center to 24V is completely wrong. Also 1 µF capacitors C9/C17 shouldn't be there.

It's a bridge configuration. Connecting the transformer center to 24V is completely wrong. Also 1 µF capacitors C9/C17 shouldn't be there.
Okay, Than how will it be connected? As, I am going to use 24V battery. The voltage which I got as, 11.1V on high side and 1.5nV on low side mosfet is right? What do you think?

Center should be unconnected in bridge configuration.
The voltage which I got as, 11.1V on high side and 1.5nV on low side mosfet is right?
No, no idea how you achieve it .Show waveforms.

Getting this.
1596905006602.png

I am unable to find the problem with my circuit. I am getting SPWM from controller, but this mosfet I guess not operating fine. I dont know why. I rechecked the circuit many time.

Start looking at the IR2110 input and output signals.

I see confusion here. FvM is absolutely correct when pointing out the error in using a center tapped transformer. The full bridge produces twice the supply voltage across it's output by reversing the effective polarity across it's output points. The 'push pull' configuration in Brad's post does not reverse the polarity feeding the transformer, it relies on the direction of the primary winding to reverse a single polarity. You can't mix the two technologies.

Brian.

Here is the common inverter setup which feeds supply voltage directly to the center-tap.

View attachment 163359
Hello, Thanks for the diagram shared. I made similar for full bridge (H-Bridge) circuit. I got similar pulse as you shared. Please find attached image. I made few changes in the circuit. Please have a look.
Here is the full circuit:
1596977145356.png

I am unsure about the circuit diagram where IR2110, pin number 5 will connect to the drain of mosfet or not. What do you think?
1596977252054.png

Attachments

• Both Wave.png
    Both Wave.png
    207.9 KB · Views: 199
  • Q1&Q4_drain.png
    Q1&Q4_drain.png
    203.1 KB · Views: 173
  • Q3&Q2_drain.png
    Q3&Q2_drain.png
    213.2 KB · Views: 218

I am unsure about the circuit diagram where IR2110, pin number 5 will connect to the drain of mosfet or not.
No. VS (pin 5) has to be connected to the source of the transistor driven by HO. If source is connected to ground, VS should be as well.

The modified circuit looks just confused. Why are you stripping down the full-bridge circuit to push-pull with two transistors in parallel?

No. VS (pin 5) has to be connected to the source of the transistor driven by HO. If source is connected to ground, VS should be as well.

The modified circuit looks just confused. Why are you stripping down the full-bridge circuit to push-pull with two transistors in parallel?
I connect it to the ground. What I mean is, the connection of H-Bridge. It working fine when we use mosfet as push pull separately as shown above. But when I used it as H-Bridge, I am unable to simulate or didn't get right value, This is the main thing which I want this thread to help me. Help me with connection. Please test this project, if you have proteus with you. Thanks
--- Updated ---

Also, when I look on output wave generated at High side and low side of IR2110, with different SPWM wave at High side and low side of input, I got this wave.
1596992892950.png

Last edited:

Hi,

Use scope channel setup "DC"

Your time scale is set to 0.5us/div. Now you have 5 div ... makes 2.5us ... or in other words 400kHz.
Are you sure you want 400kHz PWM frequency?

Klaus

No, I am using 16kHz as switching frequency.
--- Updated ---

Has anybody checked this project on proteus?
--- Updated ---

If I drop the idea of using centre tap transformer, and switch to step up transformer. Than this what I got. But, I am getting wave work so slowly and yes, transformer is also getting less output voltage. I kept 25H as secondary turn.
1596998269894.png

Last edited:

Barebones step-up inverter. Two op amps act similar to an H-bridge. They generate SPWM which is applied to the transformer. (In order to make waveforms obvious I use a slower carrier frequency.)

I reduced parts count so that rogue resonant oscillations are minimized. The transformer appears to filter out the pulses, letting through only the sine-shape. (It's only a theoretical simulation of course.)

If the capacitor is omitted, then peak voltage is only 230V. The capacitor has the effect of reshaping the waveform to a greater amplitude, in addition to a certain amount of power factor correction.

SPWM from 2 opamps 24V to xfmr capa filter 220VAC sine to load.png

Barebones step-up inverter. Two op amps act similar to an H-bridge. They generate SPWM which is applied to the transformer. (In order to make waveforms obvious I use a slower carrier frequency.)

I reduced parts count so that rogue resonant oscillations are minimized. The transformer appears to filter out the pulses, letting through only the sine-shape. (It's only a theoretical simulation of course.)

If the capacitor is omitted, then peak voltage is only 230V. The capacitor has the effect of reshaping the waveform to a greater amplitude, in addition to a certain amount of power factor correction.

View attachment 163384
I appreciate your work. But, I am looking help in not half bridge or opam circuitry. I am looking help in Hbridge inverter. I have shared the possible circuit already. I request you to help me with this. Thanks

Hi.

You want us to help. For this you need to provide information.

Did you read post#8? Show us the according scope pictures.

You tell it is 16kHz PWM. Maybe I'm wrong but I still see 400kHz. Please tell me how I can verify it is 16kHz.

Klaus

Okay, Can anyone answer me, how much voltage it should generate in the mid of H-Bridge where we can add load of suppose 100 Ohm when we power mosfet IRL540 to 24V.

Hi,

NO, unless you give us the information about lower MOSFET V_GS and upper MOSFET V_GS.

It´s like asking: I add two numbers x and y, the result is 24. Can anyone tell me what is X?

Klaus

added: and in detail it depends on where the other end of the 100 Ohm resistor goes. ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back