Please help: ADC for PIC18f452 Urgent need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

arafat_054

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,

I am new in mc. I am working with a project for reading analog signal from a sensor and after converting it with PIC18F452 to digital signal, need to display in data logger in pc (i am using stamp plot).

I am using: mikro c pro and mplab ide.

Please help me. It is very urgent for me..

Regards,
Arafat

have a look at Microchip's code examples for the PIC18 and ADC
**broken link removed**

have a look at Microchip's code examples for the PIC18 and ADC
**broken link removed**

Thanks for your ref. I need the c code and also could you show me the way of interfacing the digital output from p18F452 with the rs232?

if you look in the Microchip examples you will find C code for the USART
https://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/DeviceDoc/USART.zip

Ok.

I am trying. But as i am new at mc, so, may be i need time. Actually, i am passing hard time with a project part of which is reading data from a sensor and displaying the converted digital signal into PC. I am in the Ocean now.. i am trying with the below code which is for PIC18f4550 (collected from edaboard.com >> https://www.edaboard.com/threads/234369/) but showing error in my compiler. Addition, i need to know how can i put this into pc through RS232.

I need urgent help in this regard for PIC18F452. i am using MPLAB & mikro c compilers...

Regards,
Arafat

I can help you if you zip and upload the schematic of your project. What sensor are you using and what compiler?

- - - Updated - - -

Do you want something like this.

Attachments

• ss7.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 98

I can help you if you zip and upload the schematic of your project. What sensor are you using and what compiler?

- - - Updated - - -

Do you want something like this.

Please find the attachment.

I need to modify the schematic by replacing the PICAXE with PIC18F452. And the code is found from edaboard.com i mentioned previous reply..

Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes. I need a conversion like you post. I will also need to display in PC with a data logger (i m trying with stamp plot). I also got some help from a friend... he send me the below code:

unsigned int temp_res;
unsigned char text[6];
void main()
{
int len=0;
UART1_Init(9600); // Initialize UART module at 9600 bps
Delay_ms(100); // Wait for UART module to stabilize
do
{
temp_res = ADC_Read(2); // Get 10-bit results of AD conversion
if(temp_res>999)
len = 1;
else if(temp_res<1000 && temp_res>99)
len = 2;
else if(temp_res<100 && temp_res>9)
len = 3;
else
len = 4;
WordToStr(temp_res,text);
UART1_Write_Text(text+len);
UART1_Write(13);
Delay_ms(1000);
} while(1);
}

with mikro c i compiled this to hex with no error. Then loaded to MCU. I m using a dev board for PIC18F452.
Any more help from you is highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Attachments

• project.rar
    103.5 KB · Views: 71

Your code is OK. Check the attachement. Are you sure that your 741 op amp circuit gives an output from 0-5V?

Attachments

• ss8.jpg
    260.3 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.