Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Please give some suggestion about the analog IC design

Status
Not open for further replies.

zcs20060925

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,friends:
I'm a new to analog IC design.
anyone can tell me:
what is the basic of about the analog IC design?
before someone told me the OPAMP is the baisc in analog IC like the CPU in digital IC, is it ture for you??????

Re: About the analog IC design

Hi,

Its depends from where are you starting!!! I will suggest the basics of BJT and FET as the Basics for Analog Design. You should have a strong understang of these to start or i would say to jumb in the Pool of Analog design.

Well if you have these already then, you can consider the Operational Amplifier as an you basics approach for Analog design.

Regards

Re: About the analog IC design

shashikumar.22 said:
Hi,

Its depends from where are you starting!!! I will suggest the basics of BJT and FET as the Basics for Analog Design. You should have a strong understang of these to start or i would say to jumb in the Pool of Analog design.

Well if you have these already then, you can consider the Operational Amplifier as an you basics approach for Analog design.

Regards

First, thank shashikumar.22 for replying!
Yes, I have a strong understang of the basics of BJT and FET. I have read some books by Behzad Razavi, Allen, Grey.....But I never be successful to design the Bandgap. The output voltage is not my desired value.
During the design,I never consider the nonideal impact, like the OPAMP offset, the mismatch,etc..
Must these nonideal ones be considered??????
How to consider these???? Thank you!!!

Regards

The test of a good designer, is how they fix their failures.
Getting a wrong answer from an initial bandgap design,
is as common as seeing detail-inaccuracies in a SPICE model.
Which are to be expected even more in "digital" foundry
PDKs where nobody ever thought the parasitic PNP would be
a valued analog element, for example.

Mismatch will not prevent you from finding a working
example, only from finding many the same. You have to
understand how to drive down or drive out mismatch.

But perhaps the issues are really asking you to pull your own
device data and verify that you're not simply the victim
of half-truths and outright lies, in the model files. And then
the fun of redoing them right, where it counts.

dick_freebird said:
The test of a good designer, is how they fix their failures.
Now I have a question: I how to fix these failure, what I will do to fix these failures????
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!
Mismatch will not prevent you from finding a working
example, only from finding many the same. You have to
understand how to drive down or drive out mismatch.

Thank dick_freebird for detail explains.
So can I understand what you said like this: Before designing this circuit, we must wrote some equations about the performances and nonideal impact(like offset \noise...) on the performance. And then according to these equations I select some kind of OPAMP and design the circuit .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back