Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Please generate a NC drill file for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

billano786

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a pcb file in p-cad v 4.5. I don't have p-cad to open it. Can anyone generate its ncdrill file for me?

nc drill file format

I have converted your file in PCAD2002, Now you can easily edit it and make the gerber, drill file etc as required.

ENJOY!

p-cad 2002 translate

Back to square. I don't have P-cad 2002. Can anyone generate NCdrill file and help?

view drillfile

To generate the NCDrill file will require someone with the old DOS PCAD 4.5. When you convert the file to PDIF format, the hole sizes are lost, and the only way to process the file in newer formats is to convert it to PDIF.

If you're willing to go through the file and edit the PCB hole sizes, I can convert your file into almost any format so you can view and process it as you like. Just tell me what format you prefer.

An alternative would be if you have a Gerber file with the drill table displayed, or a "TBL" file for your PCB. That table could easily be used to restore the holes lost in the PDIF translation, and that would make the NCDrill file production very easy.

nc drill table

Can you make it Altium compatible? Then I can do what I want.

Re: Need NC drill file

Sure - no problem. What version?

Reactions: LIMAN

LIMAN

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

Altium DXP will be fine.

Here's your converted file. Keep in mind that the hole sizes are just guesses. In order to translate a PCAD4.5 file to anything else, it has first to be saved in PDIF format. That format loses the hole size information unless you also have a drill table file that was produced in PCAD4.5 (that file has a "TBL" file extension).

My advice is to proceed carefully. The other thing to watch for would be the design rules. They vary greatly between different EDA software.

Thanx, no problems now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back