Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Please explaine me this circuit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bt87

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
can any body explain me what is:
"timer frequency set" in this circuit?

Attachments

• cct_2824.jpg
    cct_2824.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 243

Actually should read "frequency setting trimmer ". It is a variable capacitor and is used to fine tune the transmit frequency to match the cell phone freq.

bt87 said:
can any body explain me what is:
"timer frequency set" in this circuit?

If I am not mistaken, then the output frequency (from the 555 pin3) calculation comes out to be 8.4MHz with the present set of resistors (6.8K+82K) and capacitor (1pF). I don't think that a 555 even with CMOS version can handle such a high frequency>>>

I don't think that a 555 even with CMOS version can handle such a high frequency
Yes, but what's the conclusion? Obviously, your formula doesn't apply. Did anybody claim, it should? I assume, it's still operating, but at a lower frequency, may be 1 MHz. Considering the obscure precision values of some parts, some values may be simply mistyped.

Generally, it looks like a kind of rather uneffective cell phone jammer, a transmitter not taking care of any serious RF regulations anyway. A toy for bored school boys.

I agree that it looks like some crude cell phone jammer. The 555 may be used as an attempt to FM modulate the osc to cover the cell band.

vll tht is a jammer cct but did't implemented that one!!!!

This schematic seems like a failed attempt to design a jammer... The Hartley oscillator is wired for approximately 513MHz and the 555 timer output (obviously a wrong design... the chip cannot handle more than 1MHz... and it is not true that it will create a 1MHz even if it is designed for a much higher frequency.. 8.4MHz)...

I think he basic aim was to mix the two frequencies... (f1+f2 or f1+2f2 ...) Still it is really hard to reach the cell band... The harmonics will not be that strong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back