Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Please expalin what is debug mode 0?

Status
Not open for further replies.

manindra

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am using gsm module to interface with microcontrolle and using PIC Basic Pro compiler. i set the debug mode as 0 in PIC Basic PRo and everything is working fine.Command entered was (DEFINE DEBUG_MODE 0). I just don't understand what is the debug mode actually is? please guide me.. tq

In PIC Basic Pro compiler DEBUG is one of several built-in asynchronous serial functions. It is the smallest of the software generated serial routines. It can be used to send debugging information (variables, program position markers, etc.) to a terminal program like Hyperterm. It can also be used anytime serial output is desired on a fixed pin at a fixed baud rate.

In very simple words, DEBUG is an asynchronous serial output to fixed pin and baud with mode 0 denotig True while mode 1 denoting Inverted. So in your case, you dont use inverted TTL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back