Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Please critique my LPC2129 circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

kender

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Stanford, SF Bay Peninsula, California, Earth, Sol
Activity points
ulink2 jtag communication failure

Colleagues,

Could you provide some critique to my circuit? The project is a galvanically isolated USB to CAN adaptor and a CAN bus logger. I’m going to use the trial version of the Keil compiler.

http://www.prolifictec.com/filehost/arm_can_logger_rev01.pdf (40 KB)

This is my initial attempt at ARMs. I’m extensively using PICs, however I really suffer from the limitation of their primitive interrupt handling architecture.

Cheers,
- Nick

P.S. Here are some preemptive answers to some comments that could be made about this circuit:
• This circuit is not a part of a commercial project.
• I’m aware that I can get relatively cheap development boards for ARM7. However, I learn more by making my own boards, even though it takes more time.

ulink2 flash download failed

Hi

Download schematic diagram from keil site at www.keil.com and comper the schematic

All the best

Bobi

keil target dll has been canceled arm

Colleagues,

Sorry for another newbie request.

I’ve finally built this board, which I was seeking critique for earlier, found a ULINK2 debugger and downloaded an evaluation version of uVision. (Kudos to everybody, who provided critique!) As the next step, I’m trying to verify that the JTAG interface works. I’m trying to download the “Blinky” project that comes with uVision. I do realize that the code itself might not work properly, because it’s written for a different chip. But if I could download it, that would show that the JTAG works.

Unfortunately, I’m getting error messages, when I try to communicate to the LPC2129 through JTAG. Here’s what’s happening:

1. When the ULINK2 is connected to the laptop and to the powered target board, the LEDs on the ULINK2 look like this: USB - solid red all the time, COM – off, RUN – off.
2. When I try to download, I get the error messages: 1st message box. “JTAG communication failure”. COM LED is solid blue.
3. The moment I click OK on that one, the other one comes up “Error: flash download failed – target DLL has been canceled”. COM LED turns off.

Could anyone give me some tips for debugging this? Could anyone point me to a tutorial?

If anyone is curious to look at my schematic, here’s a link to it http://www.prolifictec.com/filehost/arm_can_logger_rev01.pdf pages 1 and 2 show the JTAG connector and the LPC2119. R1 – R8 and R11 are loaded. J7 is installed . The clock is clocking. The majority of the remaining circuit is not populated (except for the necessary components providing power).

Thanks,
- Nick

ulink2 usb led red

UPDATE:
Two (2) significant bugs were found:
1. +1.8V and +3.3V are swapped with respect to the pins of the chip. Brain fart. Embarrassing.
2. The clock should have the core levels (0 to +1.8V), not the I/O levels (0 to +3.3V).

UPDATE:
After fixing these bugs, the JTAG started to work flawlessly.
An updated schematic is here: http://www.prolifictec.com/filehost/arm_can_logger_rev01.pdf.

Status
Not open for further replies.