Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Please , could anyone help in this PCB !!! Gerber files !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaher

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
gerber pcb sample

Hi Guys ,

I have a special project for OEM PCB that has been discontinued from the OEM since 4 or 5 years ago . I need to replace on this PCB but unfortunately , I don't have the gerber files or components list for fabrication process . I have called many companies east and west , but they all asks me for the gerber files , Could anyone tell me how to do this without the gerber files ?? or I was wondering if it could be possible to extract the gerber files using the Sample board that remained with me . Looking forward for your reply as soon !!!

THanks,

ZGR

Re: Please , could anyone help in this PCB !!! Gerber files

I am pretty sure, that unfortunatelly you will have to re-drow this PCB from your last board. If you do not have PCB file from which you can create gerber files you can't do much about it...

Hi , Thanks for your reply , I'am not the one who is going to re-engineer this board , but I was wondering if you or somebody could give me a link to any PCB Manufacture who could do this project without the gerber files , based on the sample board and the Electronic schematic . Thanks again .

ZGR

Very helpful will be to identify all components types and sizes.
You can scan this PCB (both sides if it is double-sided) next to a ruler (to show real size of the PCB).
Maybe someone in this forum will be interested in re-drawing your PCB (including the gerber files).

Most PCB fabricators have a logo or mark that they stamp on the board or etch into the top or bottom layer. Try to find that mark, and you may be able to identify the company that fabricated the board. If they are like many PCB fabricators, they will have a file (either electronic or film) of the board. They can make a duplicate from their files.

You may need the assistance of a local fabricator to identify the mark if you are unfamiliar with the companies in the region where the board was originally made.

Yes , it does had a mark and the company name , I have already the company name and the board name , but I don't think that they could give me the gerber files or the fabrication drawing for the board . and also , I'am not that accomplished in PCB / Re-Engineering and its electronical stuff to determine what layers or components are in that board . I have a scanned photos for the PCB ( both sides ) , I will email them to anyone who could help in this issue . I was wondering if someone could be able to re-draw and extract the gerbers for this board for me . by then , it would be very easy to take it to any PCB Manufacture . I will appreciate the help and will pay your business fees .

Thanks,

Z.G.R.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back