Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Please comment on my project, GSM security sytem using SMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

umar_arshad

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello guys,
I've built this GSM security system as my semester project using T290i mobile and controlled my car using it. Please leave your comments about it.
If any one needs help in implementing such a system, I can help.

Some of the functions it can perform are:
* start and stop the engine (without using the key)
* stop the engine if somebody starts it with a key ( by cutting off ignition)
* lock and unlock the doors
* send a text message to the owner if an intruder is detected (by monitoring the doors)
* switch the heater/air conditioner on and off

You can see the complete details, pictures and download project files and source code from my website.
https://arshad-umar.blogspot.com/2009/09/gsm-vehicle-control-and-security-using.html

Re: Please comment on my project, GSM security sytem using S

I would like to congradulate you because i am really struggling with the the similar project, but i only have to sent a text message in case thereis an intrusion in remote place. I have to use PIC16F877 to send AT commands to the GSM modem via the RS232 cable.
I am expected to programme the microcontroller using C code. So i have a bit of problem with how to programme AT commands using C. So, i am really desparate because i need to get going. So can you please help me with the code. Plsss i need your help

ATcom said:
I would like to congradulate you because i am really struggling with the the similar project, but i only have to sent a text message in case thereis an intrusion in remote place. I have to use PIC16F877 to send AT commands to the GSM modem via the RS232 cable.
I am expected to programme the microcontroller using C code. So i have a bit of problem with how to programme AT commands using C. So, i am really desparate because i need to get going. So can you please help me with the code. Plsss i need your help

Yes i'll be happy to help. Tell me what problem are you facing.

I want to sent the following AT commands to the modem via the transmission(Tx) port of the PIC16F877 using C code. AT+CPIN = 1671, AT+CMGF=0

Here is the code i have been trying to assemble. Can you help me to correct this code. I don't know if i have to specify the Transmission ports of the controller. I do'nt also if the syntax of sending the commands is corrrect.
Plzz help me out.

#include <htc.h>
void main(void)
{
SerialPort port;
string str;
port = new SerialPort(cmbport.Text, 4800, Parity.None, 8, StopBits.One);
port.Handshake = Handshake.RequestToSend;
port.NewLine = System.Environment.NewLine;
port.ReadTimeout = 60000;
port.WriteTimeout = 5000;
port.Open();

port.WriteLine("AT\r");
port.putc("AT+CPIN = 1671\r");\\ sent pin#
port.putc("AT+CMGF = 0\r"); \\set PDU mode

}

Dear umar_arshad
i am computer hardware engineerg. i do repair motherboards and various controller cards belongs to industries. i have learned about microcontroller duing my dimploa for long time ago. now a days i have started learn microcontroller and assembly language again. i will really glad to know to hear about ur project which is dream of me if i could do work like you. i will appreciate and thanks to you if you provide me complete diagrams+program for this project.

thank you

A AT commands to the modem via the transmissio(Tx) port so what happened for the command? how is the modem after that? is the modem have no reaction for the command? Just wanna know about those things.

Hello dear congratz!

I also have used T290i mobile phone for my final year project. And worked on it one year ago. It worked finally to monitor the GPS based railway system.

Did you shorted pin4 and pin6 of DB9 connector which is connected with the serial cable?

Regards

Naveed Khowaja

johncoths said:
A AT commands to the modem via the transmissio(Tx) port so what happened for the command? how is the modem after that? is the modem have no reaction for the command? Just wanna know about those things.

The modem echoes each character that is sent by you. and it also replies when it receives the complete command.

Added after 2 minutes:

Naveed Ahmed said:
Hello dear congratz!

I also have used T290i mobile phone for my final year project. And worked on it one year ago. It worked finally to monitor the GPS based railway system.

Did you shorted pin4 and pin6 of DB9 connector which is connected with the serial cable?

Regards

Naveed Khowaja

I didn't do that but I applied power to RTS pin, the max232 in the phone's serial cable gets power from it. What university are you from?

Hi, I've used this circuit and work fine with my T290 and pic, but pay attention on tansistors all of them must be inverted, mean emiters must be connected to ground.
About serial cable only I used Tx, Rx and Gnd.

Hello all,
i have this project to do:
suppose that i have an analog signal and i want to send it using a GSM modem.

the block diagram of my system is:

analog signal -> PIC -> GSM modem -> GSM modem -> PC

i was wondering which PIC i should use? and if someone can provide me with the connection method and how to connect the PIC to the GSM modem and how to program it.

Thanks mates :)

@samersalahat

I advice you to use **broken link removed**. It has analog input and gsm modem. So it is quite easy to use it in your case.

Status
Not open for further replies.