Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Please advice which subject to take

Status
Not open for further replies.

INS-ANI

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am pursuing M.tech in VLSI and as part of my 1st sem i have two electives.
I have three options to choose from..
I will really appreciate your feedback regarding the same

The three subjects are:

1) Embedded C and C++
2) Basic DSP
3) Electronic Circuit and board design (Includes basics of analog and digital circuits)

I have selected third option but am in doubt which will be useful for me among first two.
I have no experience of this filed, hence will appreciate if u can advice me about role of Embedded C and DSP in VLSI industry.

All of the subjects are wonderful, it all depends upon you interest if you are interested in embedded systems and want to make your own products using microcontroller than embedded C and C++ will be helpful in the programming. DSP stuff will be required to process the complicated data that you receive in your system via controller. Electronic Circuit and board design will be the basics to design your stand alone system.

All of the subjects are very important to complete any decent project. But First Thing First if you are not good at electronics than you should go for option C.

Hey , thanks for your reply.
I have already selected third option for the very same reason.. its only a doubt between 1st and second option.
In the end i need what i learn to be relevant in coming years and should not diversify my filed alot. That was the doubt with embedded C.
The question is.. which subject will help me more,even from industry point of view.. a VLSI engineer with embedded C skill is preferred or with good DSP skills?

I would say DSP because embedded field has a plenty of venues where you can learn at outside the academic field (courses, companies' training), while DSP is a more scientific subject that's better taught in an academic institution.
That's my opinion anyway,.

2 and 3
The first is easy to cathc on ur own

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back