Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Plasma speaker system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox_R

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
plasma speaker ozone

I'm trying to build a singing arc with a good range of sound and accuracy. however, the resources I've found so far are sloppy documentation at best and life threatening at worst. Dose anyone know of some good resources concerning this subject? Something ware exploding transformers are not a major concern?

plasma speaker to build

Try searching BOSE Audio and their white papers and specs.

-Paul

plasma speaker 2009

I seem to remember that many years ago Quad use to make a full range speaker with that incorporated. I think the technology is only suitable for the high frequency end though. I had a friend that had a pair of these, huge curved things, rather like the back of a cane chair. By the smell coming off them, I guess they generated a fair amount of ozone, not a good thing at all. I am presuming that this and other safety issues were the reason they dropped them. Sounds like a great idea to have a speaker with no mass or resonance. Probably not a great road to go down though.

how to build a plasma speaker

I found, that Ulrich Haumanns site has a lot of profound information and particularly a great review of commercial designs with many construction details.
http://www.plasmatweeter.de

I also have been under the impression, that plasma speakers are unsuitable for regular applications due to toxic ozone and nitric oxide emissions (unless operated with noble gas supply). I learned from Ulrich Haumanns site, that recent designs proceeded to reduce the emissions to an acceptable level (there may be different meanings about, of course) by utilizing simple physico-chemical laws.

At least to an engineer with an instrument design background, the existing information is instructive and basically suitable to start an experimental design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back