Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Planning idea behind the gun for my game

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyuMaster

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi! I want to make a game, where people in reality hunt and "kill" each other. Obviously, no real weapons are going to be used, and I'm thinking of some emitter/sensor system.

Somehow, I want to avoid photodiods and laser beams. Not only for safety reasons, but I want to make sensors hidden, lets say, behind the cloth of the players.
The "shooting range" should be around 15cm-10m.

Ultrasound? I don't think I can use it here neither. And IR can't pass throught the cloth, as far as I know.

Is it possible at all? Like, sending some small wireless signal directly to the point in front of me from the emitter, and sensing it at the end? What kind of devices can I use for that? I do not ask for complex question, just point me at the right direction of thinking, please. As I googled whole day today for "ultrasonic infrared guns beams bla bla bla", and still can't get to some decent solution.

All I need to do - is sense some emmited signal and recognize it, the rest is in area of my expretice, as I will sent it to handheld device and analyze there.
Just at the very beggining, I was thinking of using something like Bluetooth, but could not find a way to emit beam-like signal, without covering the whole area.

---------- Post added at 19:52 ---------- Previous post was at 18:56 ----------

I also came up with the idea - if sending focused beam is not possible, maybe I just can screen bluetooth sensor in a way, that it can only take direct connection? Though it will limit players a bit in creativity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back