Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Planar tranformer - help me in understanding the subject

Status
Not open for further replies.

elexlearner

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
tranformer

Hi ,

I want to design a planer transformer for an AC-DC flyback convertor (about 1W)
can anybody help me with design note or an ebook to help me in understanding the subject.

Thanks,

planar transformer 1w

why planar transformer for 1W ??? they are suitable for hundereds of watts, where the space is a big issue, required efficiency is high, and reliability.

take a look at paytongoup. they have some application notes: **broken link removed**

Planar tranformer

Of course you can design planar transformers for a few watt, e.g using ER9.5 core. You have to find out the specific advantages and disadvantages yourself. I remember that Ferroxcube had some application notes, but basically, you should be able to calculate all relevant parameters, as for wire wound transformers. Small planar transformers make sense, when you can integrate them in an existing PCB, but unfortunately, the stackup requirements are rather different for standard PCB and planar transformers. For low power and signal transformers, the performance drawbacks (e.g. low fill factor) can be acceptable.

All the best i will try to help you if i find some thing related to your project.

Status
Not open for further replies.