Not open for further replies.

azannn

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone,
i'm currently working on a project where i have to design a RLC circuit on a paper. L will be a planar coil and R & C : surface mounted components But before doing that i have some theory to resolve : i have to find which RLC circuit is the most suited to measure the inductance variation of L as function of the frquency, and why is it the best circuit.
Can someone help me finding answers ?
Thank you very much

Large Henry value is associated with:

High time constant (L/R)
Low frequency
Low current

High Farad value is associated with:

High time constant (R*C)
Low frequency
High current

If little current is available, then choose large inductance, and small C.

I chose a RLC series circuit to do this, so if i put a large inductance and a small C what should i put for the resistor value ?
Thank you

Usually the area of interest is the LC resonant frequency. Then the coil and capacitor create identical reactance. Equal sine amplitudes are across both components.

By making R the same ohm value, you have impedance matching >at that frequency<. Equal sine amplitudes appear across all components.

Okey i see now, and is it from the resonance frequency that we measure the inductance's variation as function of the frequency ?
Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…