Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

planar array antenna-problem with connectors

Status
Not open for further replies.

rotmanlens

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Everyone

i have been working on planar array antenna using rotman lens.i could get the linear going ,but when i had to extend my antennas to two dimension.i have been having trouble with the size of the connectors.my array is individually fed.with the output ports of the rotman being the input for the antenna array.so each antenna has a connector,and the connectors i have been using are a SMA-Jack..and since at the frequency i am working on which is (ku band~15 GHz) the size of the antennas are of the same size as that of the connector.so there is not much space .to avoid the grating lobes the elements should be placed close to 0.55 of lambda at this frequency and considering the looking angle.so if you guys know of a possible solution.or if you know a connector which will take me out of this.then please do let me know.

any comment or responses will be greatly appreacited guys.

PS-oh yeah i looked into murata connectors.but they are designed to work upto 6GHz.i spoke to one of their representatives.doesnt seem to be helping either.

regards
sajid mohammed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back