Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Placing IO Pads in 90 nm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debdut

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I'm designing in umc 90 nm technology using Cadence Virtuoso.
Finally I may have to do Layout and maybe subsequent chip design.
I have some idea about layout, however I do not know how to place pad rings in the final design in umc 90 nm. I have searched the internet but could not get a clear idea.
Are there any tutorials available which I can follow? Are there any companies in India doing layout in 90 nm who provide training on the topic?
Please help!

Your 90nm PDK should give you hints; possibly it could contain an I/Opad library incl. layouts. See here various IOpad styles (from a TSMC lib):

IOpad-styles.jpg

I cannot understand them. Are there any references?
I searched in the documents related to umc 90nm that were downloaded when the designkits were download from europractice.
Unfortunately I did not find any data related to the pads. There is only one pad in umc90mm library that is PAD_BOAC_RF. I did not find anything related to that either. :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back