Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Placement of series termination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

openstm

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
series termination placement

Hi,
We are generating a clock from a oscillator. If we are going to drive that clock signal through a clock buffer, Where should I keep the series termination. Whether at the output of the oscillator or output of the buffer?
Please clarify and justify.
Thank you,
Siva

frequency series termination

I don't understand the "or" in your question. The oscillator and the clock buffer output possibly need series termination, depending on the signal frequency, connected trace length and load properties.

But typically, I would expect it for the clock buffer.

series termination resistor

Series-termination resistor is placed at the device output that drives a transmission line. For more info, please attach your circuit diagram.

series termination of transmission line

Thank you for the comments..

series termination resistor placement

Place the series termination series to source(near)for the proper temination

Regards
Rajan.K

Re: series termination resistor placement

In a 8pin SOIC Clk buffer there are total 5 clk o/p all are feeded through series resistor. Keep in mind that always series resistor tobe placed near to driver side and parellel to source side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back