Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Place and route on SOC encounter

Status
Not open for further replies.

a_mythpi

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I am a newbie at place and route operation. Can anyone please tell me how do you make sure that all the blockes i your design are arranged in a certain way while doing place and route . I mean I have like around 300 odd blockes to be eranged and I want them to be ordered row wise and column wise symmetrically, So can anyone please suggest mea method to place them as desired( other than manually doing it! :p)!

There is a command in encounter called "placeDesign" which will place your design.
Though the cells will not be placed symmetrically but placed as the tool suggests.
The requirement that the cells be placed symmetrically sounds strange. usually if the design is placed and meets timing and power specs, it should suffice.
If you really want 100% symmetrically you might have to do it by hand (300 cells placement is not so much :) ).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back