Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PL2303 with custom VID/PID

Status
Not open for further replies.

dexter98

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pl2303 eeprom

I want to use a PL2303 with a custom VID/PID and I know there is a (software) tool available to do that. But unfortunately it's not freely available (like FTDI on their site).

Does anyone have this tool for me, so I can test my interface with a custom VID/PID?

Thanks!

pl2303 eeprom writer

Hi

for custome PID/VID you need to purchase it from
www.usb.og

some companies sell PID within it's VID for much less price
just serch the web

If you need to edit you discreptors you need to understand the USB specs
or use ready made tools from USB.org you can find some helpful tool

If you need to build a driver
Compuware have a program to help developing drivers.
or you need to study "Windows Driver model" BOOK you can find it here in EDAborad

if your device is HID , you just need to know how to interface with hid.dll of windows ,you can many programs source code doing that

Salam
Hossam Alzomor
www.i-g.org

pl-2303 eeprom writer

Obtaining a 'free' VID/PID combination is not really a problem, since I can buy a VID/PID combination through www.voti.nl. I don't want it in my application to be detected as a 'standard' USB-to-serial adaptor, especially since I want to use more than one of these devices on the same bus.

The PL2303 is a standard USB-to-serial converter which has a default VID/PID. If an external EEPROM is connected, a custom VID/PID can be set.

The problem is that no information is available about the contents of this EEPROM. A software tool called 'EEPROM Writer Program' is available to program this EEPROM through the PL2303 itself, but I cannot find this tool anywhere. In the past, it was freely available on the manufacturers website, but now not anymore.

pl-2303hx eeprom writer

Maybe this is what you're looking for..

vid pid

Hi, kasamiko. Do you have source code of eeprom writer?

Thanks.

pl-2303 eeprom edit

Sorry but I just got this from the net too long time ago..

pl-2303dx eeprom

kasamiko said:

YES!!!!!!!! That's exactly what I was looking for!

O thank you so much for it! I've really been looking for it a long time!!!!

usb vid pid price

thank,just what i want

Re: pl-2303hx eeprom writer

kasamiko said:

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! I've been looking everywhere for this!!!!

kasamiko said:
You can kiss me for it....:D

When you change ViD and PID ,, then need change on driver ,, how to do it ??? I am new on it .

I know this is an old thread but I want to post here because it is related to this thread

Where is the document for PL2303 PID change or device customization.
a long time ago I seen it at prolific site but now I did't find it as far I remember Pl2303 requires 6.5V for programming correct me if I am wrong.
If any body have that documentation Please give me a link or upload.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back