PL to PS interrupt: how to access in ARM processor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dipin

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
PL to PS interrupt:how to acess in arm processor

hi.

i am using a parallella fpga (which got zynq processor), which dont have jtag port. i had a custom ip and had a interrupt port in the custom ip. how can i get that interrupt
in my arm processor. right now , i was getting the output of the reg value inside the arm using memory mapping.(mmap).
i found an interrupt port on in zynq processor. is there any way that i cam connect to the zynq processor and getting it access inside the arm processor (using memory mapping)to control some programs

any help is really appreciated

thanks and regards

Re: PL to PS interrupt:how to acess in arm processor

What you need is PL to PS trigger.
The following description is related to the Zynq UltraScale+. Please check if it is adequate to the parallella's FPGA (don't know what Zynq is on your PCB).

Zynq UltraScale+ has PL to PS and also PS to PL triggers. You can do both to make a cross-trigger.

In block design double click on Zynq and point to PS-PL Configuration->PS-PL Cross-Trigger Interface(make it on)->Input Cross Trigger(input to the processor(s))->Input 0(make it on).
Also point to PS-PL Configuration->Debug->PS-PL Cross-Trigger Inputs->Cross-Trigger Input 0 (make it on).

Click OK and then you should see additional port TRIGGER_IN_0 on the block design.
You can define the behavior for this trigger in Debug Configuration window.

You can also read the following site for more information about cross-triggering:
http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Xcell-Daily-Blog/Adam-Taylor-s-MicroZed-Chronicles-Part-232-Making-software/ba-p/822125

Reactions: dipin

dipin

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Re: PL to PS interrupt:how to acess in arm processor

hi,
thanks for the replay niciki. i have a xc7z010 400g class 1 soc on my board . like other boards i dont have a usb jtag or serial cable . so i think i cant use sdk tools.
so i was using memory map functions to map the output of PL to PS and getting the value in my linux running on the sd card.
thanks and regards

Reactions: dipin

dipin

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…