Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pl help understand function of Op Amp IC in this circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiwana6330

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello

I have an old power supply circuit which I am trying to repair/ replace. It has an Op Amp F007C. I have tried to Google F007c but I am unable to get it's datasheet. Due to this I cannot understand I cannot check the board/ unable to figure out what voltage output the supply should give. However, I came across this "temperature compensation positive/passive symmetric stable power supply" schematic.

F007c.gif

I am hoping that by understanding how F007C works in this circuit, I will understand the voltage rating etc of the powersupply at hand and will be able to make a new powersupply of required specs. So, my questions are as under

1) Has anyone got datasheet for F007C? OR
2) Can anyone explain the function of F007C so that I can make a new powersupply? OR
3) Any equivalent/ crossreference part?

Many thanks for your help

- - - Updated - - -

I have found that F007C is a Triode

http://horu2010.en.seekic.com/product/discrete_semiconductor_products/F007C_The_amplifier_F007C.html

Would a simple 741 work as a replacement?

Most likely yes. I guess the said F007 isn't anything better.

There are a few odd things about F007C. If you look at the specs

Peak Reverse Voltage:40V
DC Forward Current:100mA
Power Dissipation:1W
Package / Case:pBPC-6
Emitter Voltage VCEO Max:1.2KV
Gate-Emitter Leakage Current:100nA

Why would there be VCEO?

How to Simulate Triode in Proteus

Hello

I want to simulate a Triode in Proteus.

**broken link removed**

How to do it in Proteus?

Thanks

You have been apparently confused by incorrect or ambigious information on datasheet search sites.

Whatever the said "triode" is (I guess an IGBT), the F007C in the post #1 datsheet is a regular operational amplifier with standard pinout (like LM741).

The photo on the linked site also shows a regular OP in metal can, nothing that would be named "triode".

You have been apparently confused by incorrect or ambigious information on datasheet search sites.

Whatever the said "triode" is (I guess an IGBT), the F007C in the post #1 datsheet is a regular operational amplifier with standard pinout (like LM741).

The photo on the linked site also shows a regular OP in metal can, nothing that would be named "triode".

Thanks. Yes its confusing.

So in your opinion, replacing F007C with a LM741 will be ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.