Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pitch angle of generator..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deepikaaa

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi frined..

Can any one of you say me the exact definition of Pitch angle in generators?? thank u so much..

Deepsss.....

It is that angle relative to the "face" of the turbine blades. It is used to control the speed of the wind turbine
You can use a shaft angle encoder on the servo that is rotating the turbine blades, to measure the pitch angle ; and the pitch angle data will be available on the PLC that is used to control the wind turbine

Put your turbine blade on the floor with its shaft vertical. Measure the angle between the blade and the floor. For a "proper" blade it varies through out its length as the radial distance from the centre. If you want typical values try here :- 14' Homebrew Wind turbines
Frank

---------- Post added at 19:47 ---------- Previous post was at 19:46 ----------

if you are after figures try here :-http://www.otherpower.com/bigmills1.html
Frank

thank u chuckey.... Just i asked this ques as i am preparing one assignment related to this.... thank u..

Deepsss......

Status
Not open for further replies.