Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pionner X-HM36 no sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

frdm90

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
after transporting X-HM36, there is no sound, it is no guilty speakers because even on headphones there is no sound. I was mentioned about transporting, so I guess it is a mechanical issue, after opening housing, I am noticed a lot of "paper connectors", maybe some of them loosened? I am going to take off the PCB and precisely check all connectors and pins, but maybe someone had a similar problem, and would tell me where to start?

Thanks in advance.

It's apparent something got knocked transporting it. I have no idea what a "paper connector" is. Maybe this is a language/translation issue?

Is it possible a switch (like a MUTE switch or a SOURCE switch) got pushed to the wrong position?

While this was being "transported" did it possibly get "dropped"?

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I don't know what is the name of this connector, it is like in this picture:
pctdetail.775-454.1.jpg
It was not dropped, maybe it is a good idea to check switch position or shorts-circuits (on display there is no information about mute).
It's apparent something got knocked transporting it. I have no idea what a "paper connector" is. Maybe this is a language/translation issue?

Is it possible a switch (like a MUTE switch or a SOURCE switch) got pushed to the wrong position?

While this was being "transported" did it possibly get "dropped"?

Hi,

this is an FFC cable, Flat Flexible Cable

see also:
FPC, which means Flexible Printed Circuit

Klaus

Thanks.

I have disassembled, and checked the connectors, electronics components and there is no visible issue... Any suggestions? Maybe IC?

Maybe IC, maybe resistor, maybe capacitor, maybe fuse, maybe...

Do you have an oscilloscope and schematic? You should check the signal path. If no scope, you could use a meter and check for proper power supply voltages. Other than that, there's absolutely no way anybody can diagnose this with no information other than 'it doesn't work'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back