Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pinout of a stepper motor from HDD drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bizum

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi there
I've a stepper motor from HDD drive.HDD model Seagate ST351 A/X, motor that spins the plate. It has 11 pinouts. Can someone tell me which pin is what:) There are some numbers on it: 73i57-870 ("i" or "1"), and REV E/EC5140. I don't know is it unipolar or bipolar, does it have tachometer or something...
Another question:) is it possible to connect this motor to LPT port? I don't want to use any other electric parts(resistors, transistors etc.), and in what sequence i should change output bits to spis it. Please don't give me URL because my technical english is not very good and i have some problems with understending things ;) Please write an answer in simplest language.
Sorry for my english. If someone can speak/write polish, it will be great:)
THX, BIG THX in advance.

I'd say that it's rather a BLCD, i.e. brushless dc motor.

If you want to play with simple stepper motor things connected to LPT port, try an old floppy drive (preferably a 5.25" one). See
hxxp://www.hut.fi/Misc/Electronics/circuits/diskstepper.html
for an example. The drive uses a stepper to move the head, and the stepper can be moved stepwise if you connect the correct i/o pins to the LPT port.

Hobbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back