Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pin diode switched line phase shifter

Status
Not open for further replies.

mioja

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have been working on switched line phase shifter.There is a circuit shared which is i want to implement.
circuit.pngsimulation.png

I have no experience implementing pcb of microstrip circuit.

Will this circuit work in real, if i set up

Do you have any video,tutorial vs to help me implementing circuits with microstrip?

thanks, but i already examined this handbook.If you look switched line phase shifter there is no added bias circuit at page 8.

...page 7 (and many others) shows the bias of the PIN diodes...at page 8 is just a symbolic schematic, to show the main configuration of the circuit.
Whatever configuration is used (switch, attenuator, modulator, phase shifter), a PIN diode needs a bias circuit.

Reactions: mioja

mioja

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
I am not familiar to rf circuits.
There is a circuit in foundation of microwave eng. which is easy to implement because of microstrips so you dont have to
interest inductors or capacitors.

collinsschematic.PNG

I designed it for 45 degree phase shift but ads simulates properly if there is bias or not.
collins ads.PNG

The point i dont get it is what should i connect to upper bias point ? -10 V? Nothing?

And i am going to use this pin diode.
https://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/view/122674/HP/1N5767.html

Yes, in your situation have to feed the circuit with a negative voltage (positive to the ground), but this needs to be done using a series resistor for current limiting.
1N5767 is a medium power PIN diode and the bias current (function of the RF resistance) could be between 1mA and 100mA.
In your situation because the diode is used as a switch, have to provide high current for low RF resistance. So, the series bias resistor and the DC supply gives you the current through the PIN diode.

Reactions: mioja

mioja

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back