Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pin assignment problem!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

syedahmar

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all!!!
i have designed a transmitter and the output of this transmitter is one pin..Now the requirement is that the transmission be done on differential lines and that means that i have to assign my output pin to LVDS standard and that has two output pins...
The problem is that i go to the constraint editor and i make my pin IO standard as LVDS_25 but in the pad report it assigns only one of the two pins and the IO standard it shows is LVCMOS.......
the device i am using is spartan 3 and the software is xilinx ISE..\
help plz....

did u use PACE tool or
created text file for entering the pin constraints

well what i did was that i added a constraint file and then i double clicked on it and a constarint editor GUI opened and there i assigned my single pin and I/O standard of LVDS but it dint work.....
do we need to initialize some hardware for differential signalin b4 use as well??

hi syed,
u can take another approach also.
open PACE editor for putting pin constraints.
in this select the pins u want to assign to particular stds.
in the window , u will c an option called"iostd".
in the select the standard u want and then save it.
hope now it shud b ok.

Hi syed,
did you check the other patner pin of the LVDS 25 is asigned some where else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back