Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] PIN assignment diagram

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neyolight

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Heya Everyone

I just bought (actually was given to me by my boss) a microchip Demo-board. It has a LCD and PIC16F1937 attached to it.

I am looking for a PIN assignment diagram( i guess thats what its called) on how the PIC connects to the LCD and other "things" on the board. How do I find that? I tried look everywhere on the microchip website and google- but so far no luck!

i downloaded PIC16F1937 spec and it has a chapter on "LCD Manual" but nothing on what pin connects to what on the pic!

Could someone please direct me as to where I can get more info this.

The demo board as " 02-01630-1 " and (c)2010 written on it! I have no serial number or anything!

Hi,

Another board ??!!

You say its a 'microchip board' - does it have the Microchip logo / name printed on it ?
Most Microchip boards are referenced with a DM prefix.

Most Microchip boards have downloadable User manuals that contain a full circuit diagram.

Cannot say Ive seen a lcd board with that chip , though if its got ic sockets someonne could have changed it from the original.

Can you post a picture of it - otherwise we are simply down to your description ..

---------- Post added at 23:34 ---------- Previous post was at 23:27 ----------

Hi,

Is it this one .. Product Search - microchipDIRECT

Hi,

Another board ??!!

You say its a 'microchip board' - does it have the Microchip logo / name printed on it ?
Most Microchip boards are referenced with a DM prefix.

Most Microchip boards have downloadable User manuals that contain a full circuit diagram.

Cannot say Ive seen a lcd board with that chip , though if its got ic sockets someonne could have changed it from the original.

Can you post a picture of it - otherwise we are simply down to your description ..

---------- Post added at 23:34 ---------- Previous post was at 23:27 ----------

Hi,

Is it this one .. Product Search - microchipDIRECT

LOL yes another board! The last one I had didn't work up to my supervisor's expectations!

The link that you posted, is very similar to my board. My board is black :)P) and has no LEDs

And yes it clearly says "Microchip" DEMO BOARD 02-01630-1! Its got nothing with a "DM" prefix!

Pic coming soon...

---------- Post added at 11:16 ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 ----------

Hi,

Its the PicDem 2 - you will find all the info and demos here **broken link removed**

wow thanks a lot! :)

How did you figure that out?

how did you figure that out?

If you are interested in Pics you should regularly check the Micrcochip main pages as well as the Microchip Forums, there is masses of information.

Re your other post with a C problem which I cannot help you with direcly.

Have you downloaded the C tutorial for the Picdem2 board ? - it does not do Timer 0 but does cover Timer 1 so you may get some pointers there, plus it will bring your board alive.

There are plenty of C based tutorials around which should also help like this one **broken link removed**

hey,
I currently working on the same Demo board. I am using HI-TECH C compiler in MPLAB and MPLAB ICD3 Debugger.
I started learning this PIC and demo board. I am having a problem of interfacing with PIC16F724 with OM 16214 LCD .
I tried a program but doesn't work. can you help me BY providing a simple c code for this pic.

Thanks in Advance.

:Neyolight i got this exactly the same board as you for my project, what kind of project u doing ? are you using PIC18F4520 ??

Attachments

• IMG_0085[1].JPG
    IMG_0085[1].JPG
    295.2 KB · Views: 58

:Neyolight i got this exactly the same board as you for my project, what kind of project u doing ? are you using PIC18F4520 ??

Hi InNeedOfHelp

Yes I have the same board as you but with a different micro. I used PIC18F4620.

Hi Neyolight

can attached your codes here?
i want to take a look..

Status
Not open for further replies.