Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Piezo - Starting point

Status
Not open for further replies.

_i386sx25_

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need to drive piezoelectric transducer having 1.6MHz resonant frequency, 30V max rating. I do lots of search on google and edaboard and coudn't find much useful information.

All I understand it needs a sinusoidal waveform , a kind of tuned amplifier with mosfet should be used. I really appriciate any information on the subject. Desparately looking for related books and web sites.

These items are usually custom made. Only the standard intrusion detector types are off the shelf.

Sorry my mistake. I need to drive this type of piezo. I have the piezo already. I'm asking about the driving circuit ...

Actually, I have done a bit of study on piezoresistive transducer interface ckt recently. I am able to find lots of such circuit from IEEE and Biosensors & Bioelectonics.

For example,this paper "Cantilever-Based Biosensors in CMOS Technology", Proceedings of the Design, Automation and Test in Europe Conference and Exhibition (DATE’05), shows two interface ckt for the transducer. Hope that helps you.

Although the paper incudes only block diagrams of the circuits , at least i know a magazine to check. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back