Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pickit3 cannot work ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

samnang39

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all
My PicKit3 cannot work then i connect it to the PC the program show that
PicKit3.jpg

what happen with my Pickit3 and how to do it?
thank in advance

Thanks i try to program with MPLAB IDE but not work and than i try with software Pickit3 it work but now cannot work all
i do not know why?

A Google search reveals that this is a common problem (or at least was, a while back).

Try upgrading to the latest version of MPLAB and programming through MPLAB.

I don't know which version of PICKIT3 you're using, but see if this works: https://www.microchip.com/forums/m500342.aspx

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

Last edited:

To make PICKit 3 to work and solve this problem, first allow MPLAB IDE to update firmware before you can use it for programming.

Additional to MPLAB you can try to program from standalone application 3.0 :

PICkit 3 GUI and Scripting Tool v3.00 BETA
**broken link removed**

As you notice its still beta version.

Dont forget to update firmware!!!.

I have to admit that I'm not sure what Microchip wanted to do with the PICkit 3 programmer, works worse than PICkit 2. It is possible that they wanted to increase the sale of devices, because it would be harder to clone by home hobbyst. And in all this they started to play a little more, and we get product result. Of course they are a serious company and this will be solved.

Last edited:
It is work now but still not work with MPLABX IDE cannot program and Debug

i can Read and Write with Pickit3 GUI but i still cannot use in Mplabx so how ?

i can Read and Write with Pickit3 GUI but i still cannot use in Mplabx so how ?

Yes I understand, but life often is not fair. :)

Please check that the circuit components are correct for the debugger to work correctly? Here are the guidelines:

- Do not use pull-ups on PGC/PGD – they will disrupt the voltage levels, since these lines have 4.7k pull-down resistors in the debugger.
- Do not use capacitors on PGC/PGD – they will prevent fast transitions on data and clock lines during programming and debug communications.
- Do not use capacitors on MCLR - they will prevent fast transitions of VPP. A simple pull-up resistor is generally sufficient.
- Do not use diodes on PGC/PGD – they will prevent bidirectional communication between the debugger and the target device.

https://www.microchip.com/cisar/Default.aspx?type=pickit3

in Mplabx window right click on your project folder and select Properties. Then choose the debugger as Pickit3. Also search on microchip forum related to this problem. I also have same problem but after reading some posts on microchip forum, i have fixed it. GoodLuck

the circuit is ok and choose the debugger as Pickit3 but still problem:cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back