Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] pickit2 clone vpp error voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

kanni1303

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I built a pickit 2 clone referring the site
i got problem that vpp error voltage I checked the whole board but not able to resolve this, I am getting 4V in vpp

Using troubleshoot in PC i found one thing, when I keep voltmeter across pin25 (Vpp_TGT_P) I am able to get 12v in vpp (I thought it needs weak pulldown) so I tried with 1M resitor across Pin25 and GND now the circuit able to generate 12v output at VPP but still the error rises... I can't resolve this why the error rises

Kindly help me out to get this

Hi,

Assume you do not have it connected to an actual pic chip and using the Trouble Shooting part of the Pk2 program V2.61 ?

Then I would think you have a pcb track short /error of a faulty transistor, so easy to get the pinout the wrong way round; ensure your pinout diagram if for the manuafacturer of the transistor you have, they can vary from one maker to another.

Seems to be a 'full' clone as against a cut down one without those memory chips etc; wonder if it is cheaper than buying a proper ready make Pk2 ?

But i am getting 12v in VPP test , if i check for first time it says a short detected and if i check for second time onwards it shows 12v(11.7V to 12V changes on every time) I can't get why it behave like this, If any transistor was fault then I should not get the 12V anytime...????

But i am getting 12v in VPP test , if i check for first time it says a short detected and if i check for second time onwards it shows 12v(11.7V to 12V changes on every time) I can't get why it behave like this, If any transistor was fault then I should not get the 12V anytime...????

Hi,

You did not say if it was connected to a pic chip or not, if so has the target pic chip got its own power supply switched on ?

If not connected to a chip, then being as the Pk2 is not overvolting why not try connecting it to a pic chip and seeing if it will read and program it ok ?

I tried with connecting to target chip also but no use with that...

In troubleshoot I am getting sometime 12v and sometime not... may I know why it is so or on what part should I look at to solve this

Hi,

You did not say if it was connected to a pic chip or not, if so has the target pic chip got its own power supply switched on ?

If not connected to a chip, then being as the Pk2 is not overvolting why not try connecting it to a pic chip and seeing if it will read and program it ok ?

Hi,

If you search this forum with " pickit2 clone vpp error " you will find a good few entries that might have some useful information

The pickit2 clone is a well used circuit and using Microchips proven software means any problems will most likely be down to the components and build quality.

Also , how well proven is that project and pcb, its not one I have seen before, there are some projects out there with uncorrected errors.

I searched... no one got such thing... sometimes I am getting 12v and sometimes not... where I can suspect the problem would be... I checked the whole 12v line there I could not find any short... pls help me where to start debugging...

I searched... no one got such thing... sometimes I am getting 12v and sometimes not... where I can suspect the problem would be... I checked the whole 12v line there I could not find any short... pls help me where to start debugging...

Hi,

If you see that projects sites Comments at the bottom of its page there are a lot of entries right up to this summer 2014 and there are a couple of posts regrading Vpp problems and the action to take.

If you still have problems it would seem the best place to ask for hep with that project.

thank you very much

Hi,

If you see that projects sites Comments at the bottom of its page there are a lot of entries right up to this summer 2014 and there are a couple of posts regrading Vpp problems and the action to take.

If you still have problems it would seem the best place to ask for hep with that project.

There was problem with VPP ON pullup resistor I replaced that with low resistance and it worked fine... Thnx for your reply... Thnx a Lot...

Status
Not open for further replies.