Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] PICkit 2 PKWarn0003 error on 18F2431 - Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Athosza

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Greetings all,

I am attempting to do in circuit debugging on a bread board with a PICkit 2 and a 18F2431. However when ever I try to connect through MPLAB IDE 8.5 I get the following error:

Found PICkit 2 - Operating System Version 2.32.0
Target power not detected - Powering from PICkit 2 ( 5.00V)
PKWarn0003: Unexpected device ID: Please verify that a PIC18F2431 is correctly installed in the application. (Expected ID = 0x8C0, ID Read = 0x0)
PICkit 2 Ready

I am uncertain how to fix this issue, I have check to see if the 18F2431 is supported by the PICkit 2 and it is.

Any help/feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Athosza

Hi,

A few things to check:-

Have you got Mlcr, PGD or PGC being used by any other part of your circuit - they must be dedicated to the debugger.

Debugger also needs to use some User Ram, although its less likely you are using all ram in your program code.

Breadboards can give rise to all sorts of wierd problems, particularly is you use crystals - perhaps making up a simple circuit on a strip board might be better.

Also the length of the cable from the Pk2 to the pic chip should be as short as possible - under 150mm preferable in my book, have lost comms when using longer.

Athosza

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thank you I managed to get the PICkit 2 working, I am not exactly sure how. But what I did was re build the bread board very carefully and it worked. Thanks a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.