Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Picallw or Newfound Warp 13a Programmer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

overture

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
picallw

I am going to buy my first programmer for PIC. I have sorted out two but can't make up my mind which one to go for.

Newfound Warp 13a (https://www.newfoundelectronics.com) is fully compatible with MPLab and, as I understand, Picallw (https://www.picallw.com) isn't. Not sure how important and how usefull it is for a programmer to be fully compatible with MPLab.

Both have the capability to program other MCUs and serial eproms. Although I am not sure which one gives more options in this area.

Also another issue is easy upgrading of the firmware and how frequently they add support for more devices. Not sure which one would be better.

As you can see from above, I am totally lost between the two. If anyone has any experience with both of those programmer, can you please suggest me which one to go for? I can spend the money for only one. Can't afford to buy another one in a long long time in future.

Thanks in advance for your help.

warp 13a software

Hi,

You didn't write about another programmer but i want to mention about willem.It can program lots of devices, pics,eproms plus atmels and much more.

Bonus : You can find schematics and pcb easily.If you can build it, you can decrease cost incredibly. www.willem.org

I heard warp is much better solution than picallw.

Analyzer.

warp 13a

if you only want to program PICs try JDM programmer (search google), it's a very simple programmer, just a few components and doesn't need external power supply (for serial port), use it with ICprog. Or try EPIC programmer, it suports almost every PIC (for paralel port). There's another call PonyProg, their site supplies all the drawning for PCB and software, it suports PIC, ATMEL, EEPROM (spi & i2c).

Hi,

Could someone upload the files (schematics&program) of EPIC programmer again?
Thanks,
probert

Hi probert

Try this:

For Schematic + PCB
Look here

EPIC
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.