Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] PIC32 Microcontroller getting heated up when input is given to comparator

Status
Not open for further replies.

freemanantony

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hai everybody,
i am using pic32 microcontroller. For testing comparator module i have given 1.8V to the C1IN+ pin which is configured to be connected to comparator inverting input and CVref(1.55V) is configured to be connected to non-inverting input of comparator. When i have given 1.8V input the controller is getting heated up and i fear thus i damaged the controller. Has anyone experienced the same problem and can anyone help me to avoid this problem.

Difficult to help without a schematic but the usual cause is the comparator input is shared with another peripheral and you have it configured as an output.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.