Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC24fj256gb110 different header files

Status
Not open for further replies.

hirenn

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello!!

I want header files of microcontroller PIC24fj256GB110 's different reference header files like UART I2C , and other peripherals

anybody can tell me link from where i can download it??

thanks

Look on the Microchip web site.Search for your MCU name and go to the web page that is dedicated to it. From there you will find all of the data sheet and 'Family Reference Manual' (FRM) sections that describe the peripherals (etc.) in detail.
Also what IDE/compiler are you using? You can download the MPLABx IDE and the XC16 compiler (for free) from the web site and the compiler will come with the device-specific header files. However in your code you just need to include the 'xc.h' file and it will select the correct files for you based on the device selection in the IDE.
Microchip also are starting to provide the 'Microchip Code Configurator' (MCC) that is part of the IDE and will generate a lot of the code for you. This is to replace the old 'Peripheral Library' (Plib) that is still available and preferred by some(as the MCC still needs to mature in my opinion).
Having said that, with the exception of the USB peripheral, I prefer to interact directly with the peripherals myself. UARTs and SPIs are very simple to configure (once) and using them typically involves checking for status flags and reading/writing to a buffer register. Also interrupts can be simply used (those devices have a separate interrupt vector for each peripheral and sometimes for each peripheral function).
The USB peripheral is a different proposition and I really do suggest using the USB stack for that. Also the TCP/IP stack is very useful but generally you end up talking to the interface hardware (WiFi or ethernet) via a SPI peripheral and the stack has a header file you can edit to configure it correctly.
There are plenty of code examples around for the PIC24 and dsPIC33 devices which can (to a large extent) get you going with your device.
Susan

Reactions: hirenn

hirenn

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
hello !!
Im using MPLAB IDE x V3

In that case can I also assume that you are using the XC16 compiler? If so then all of my previous comments apply.
Susan

Hello Aussie Susan ,
Yeah im using Xc16 compiler

Hello !!

I have use PICfj256gb110 ic and mplab x ide v3 for uart.
if i use mplab code configurator (MCC) to code it , should i have to set configuration bits ???

Using the MCC is really a different topic.
I suggest that you read the MCC User Guide for general information about how to use the MCC. In there, Section 2.1.3.1 talks about initialisers and even has an example based on a UART. That should give you a guide as to how to go about configuring both the device as a whole and the peripherals you have selected.
Susan

Reactions: hirenn

hirenn

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.