Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC18F97J60 Programmer - need low cost programmers

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr_anderson

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pic18f97j60 programmer

Hi
I am willing to start programming the PIC18F97J60 but i have problems that i cant find much more programmers to choose from and i didnt find yet on a progammer that can be built by a person, all the available programmers are of high cost and are official products, any ideas, recomendations for low cost programmers would be useful thank you
Best Regards.

Hi,

The ready made Microchip Pickit2 programmer will deliver the best cost / performance of any other diy or purchased similar units.

I've bought one and built one - the bought one is way better and cheaper when you have added on all the phone calls and postage cosst for diy parts etc.
Not even taking into account all the time and effort to build the unit and get its micro programmed up.

If you envisage moving onto the latest high end chips from Microchip then you should think about a Microchip Pickit3, though for the average diy'er the Pk2 should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.