Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC18F87J60 PHY problem TPOUT pins are at around 0V

Status
Not open for further replies.

agwells

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
PIC18F87J60 PHY problem

I have an embedded controller board based on the 18F87J60, using FreeRTOS, Microchip TCP/IP stack V5.10, the development uses MPLAB V8.3 with an ICD3 and Microchip C18 V3.31.

The board is fully operational apart from the Ethernet module, I know the software works as I have run the software on a PICDEM.net2 board and the TCP/IP functions correctly.

The problem is that the PHY does not seem to be running, the TPOUT pins are sitting at around 0V and no Link Test Pulse is generated, nor does the receive side see the LTPs from the attached hub and turn on the link LED. I have checked all of the individual power pins and they are all solid at 3.27V. It is obvious that I have made an error somewhere but I can not work out which part of the circuit/layout can stop the PHY running. I have compared the voltages on my board with the demo board and the only obvious differences are the TPOUT levels.

If anyone has any ideas at all of where I should look next I would appreciate your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.