Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC18F87J60 Ethernet Receive Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

neopisha

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have designed a board with PIC18F87J60 for Ethernet connectivity. Unfortunately I could not receive any packets in microcontroller. I can transmit packets very well but microcontroller does not respond to any RX packets. I have done everything in the datasheet but not even a flag for RX!!! There is no problem in TX!
I configured one LED in the physical section to act with RX, and it indicates that a packet is received but it does not pass to MAC and processor. There is NO filter and NO CRC active in the RX section. I have tried with 3 different boards an 2 different revision of microcontrollers, but I could not receive any packets.
Any suggestion?

FvM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Did you try to operate the ethernet module with original Microchip code?

The ethernet module has no auto-polarity feature. Did you check with reversed RX lines, just in case?

neopisha

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
RX LED works fine which means the PHY get the data but in some way in could not pass the data to the processor and also means there is no problem with magnetics which are integrated in RJ45 connector.
I do all the recommended settings for the Ethernet module registers.
TX interrupt works fine and I could send any Ethernet packet and get it in the network using interrupt or polling. But there is not any response from RX part!!! Not even an error flag!

With microchip code you mean the sophisticated TCP/IP stack? I think it is some layer above the Ethernet layer. We should get some raw data in the Ethernet layer, then go to above layers.

FvM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
With microchip code you mean the sophisticated TCP/IP stack?
I meaned to run a complete Microchip example to verify that the hardware is O.K. There must be some simple issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.