Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC18F4550 USB, Data overflow??? Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dymtra

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, i'm trying to send and receive data from one pc to another via USB, i'm using two PIC's 18F4550 and VC++.

The problem is that it only works once in each pic, what i mean is that i can send from pc and receive in the other one, and do the same in the other PC, but after this i only receive an " í " with the two pics.

I don't know if this is due to a data overflow in the pic or in the PC's. In the case of the pic i'm using the CCS compiler and the usb_hw_layer.h, and i'm using the functions usb_get_packet and usb_put_packet, and it mentions that when you use this you don't have to use usb_flush_in or usb_flush_out.

What could be the problem?

What device class are you using?? HID, Generic??
What is your endpoint type??
When you say you read the 2nd time say in PC1. Have you sent 2 packets from PC2 or have you just sent 1 and you're trying to read the endpoint which does not have data??

What device class are you using?? HID, Generic??
What is your endpoint type??
When you say you read the 2nd time say in PC1. Have you sent 2 packets from PC2 or have you just sent 1 and you're trying to read the endpoint which does not have data??

I'm using a generic class.
My endpoint is Toggle type.

And i send a character say "a" from PC1 and then i receive it in PC2 but when i send another character from the PC1, the PC2 receives an "í".

Status
Not open for further replies.