Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[PIC] PIC18f4550 usb communication with PC / Android Mobile phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

pnsuresh

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,

Could you please suggest USB class protocol for communicating data uC to PC / Mobile phone,?

kindly refer the tutorial and source code (XC8) for CDC communication with USB terminal software. (two way communication between uC to PC / mobile phone)

Thanks,
sureshpn

Sorry - I don't do homework anymore. If I have that wrong and this is a work assignment instead, then I already have a job thanks.
Of course the other alternative is that you are wanting to learn how to use a microcontroller in which case you are starting from the wrong place.
Susan

there are a lot of examples for pic18 and pc USB communication, but PIC18 and Android USB seems much harder..

You can use a bluetooth with UART protocol or you can use bus CAN with TX-RX

emko this is a good idea, bluetooth modules like HC-05 or so are cheap and you can easily use them to communicate with mobile phone, but on the phone side you have to code with Java

PID and VID are fundamental identifiers in USB that (amongst other things) let the host determine the correct drivers to use.
They are documented in most manuals on USB.
Susan

Status
Not open for further replies.