Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pic18f452 interfaced with sattelite signal meter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nxt_

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear ALL,
First of all i want to thank everyone who share in building this wonderful website in addition i want to thank every single one who share his/her ideas whatever big,small,silly problems in his/her project.

this is my first time to get involved actually every time i face a problem i could find it easily and smoothly . but this is time i really get tired from searching..

going straight to the point. i am trying to interface a satellite signal meter (DVBS-2) (data sheet is attached) with pic18f452 the data sheet is Avery poor especially if the reader is an electrical power engineer. it needs someone who is good in the communication field. am not bad in micro-controllers ;basic,c and assembly is okay for me if anyone could help.

the signal meter is installed in a kit to be interfaced to the pc.. i want to use the signal meter only without the kit. i removed the signal meter and connected it directly to the pic through SDA & SCL. (with external 10k pullups).

what i relaize that this meter task is to compare frequencies and once the pahse is locked it send high to (LOCK DETECT register) what i need to know how to address each register and tells it what to do. based on the equations mentioned in the data sheet. how to setup the frequency to be compared with .and how to send the symbol rate for example...

this meter support i2c & parallel communication. i decided to use i2c which will decrease the wiring issue. kindly if someone could help me in this issue i'll appreciate it very much.

Many Thanks For Your Attention,

Awaiting Your Prompt Reply,

Status
Not open for further replies.