Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC18F2550 based Oscilloscope

Status
Not open for further replies.

absnoob

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys, nice to meet you all.

I'm very new to circuits and I need some enlightenment from all the members over here. I just want to ask a very simple question.

I'm currently working on this project.

**broken link removed**

Regarding the analog input, does it connect to function generator to get the AC?

Another thing is, the R3 resistor = 5komh? I hope someone that done or successfully completed the project before can shed me some light.

Thanks, and have a nice day.

Hi,

From the link you provided, its full of feedback from users who have built the unit, last entry Dec 2009 so think you would be better posting there.

The pics adc input can only handle 0 - 5v dc and needs a suitable network for other voltages.

Resistor R3 is 5 ohm for the backlight .

It seems to be a neat little project but be aware that most such scopes have very limited abilities, as the author acknowledges.

If you are wanting to see digital signals then you can use the Logic Analizer function of a Pickit2, if you have not got one then the 2550 you have is the heart of a diy Pickit2 Lite, just add a few cheap resistors and transistors etc, its plans are shown in the Micro forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back