Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pic18 debug mode - strange behaviour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pheetuz

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have a test system connected up atm where I am using the PSP to communicate between two PICs, however I am also using the PSP pins on the master to control, among other things, an LCD screen.

Basically I was wondering if there are any differences in behaviour between debug mode and release mode as whenever I use the slave PIC in debug mode the screen behaves very oddly, as if one of the PSP pins was stuck at a certain logic level instead of being high impedance like its supposed to be when in PSP mode.

Would be good if anyone could shed any light on this problem, I cant post the schematic as it is quite big and on about 40 pages but I am certain that the electronics themselves are fine.

Many thanks,

Pete.

Assuming you mean the ICSP signals, I believe the PIC debugger uses them to transfer debug data between the PIC & the debugger so it is always best to keep them free if possible. Also, it is possible that anything hanging on the pins will get confused by the data being transferred. It sounds like that is what is happening to you.

Keith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back