Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pic16f877a wake up from sleep using synchronous serial reception.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcsandhya82

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I want my PIC16F877a to go to sleep and wake up when a query is received on UART via zigbee. the idea is remote data monitoring. I want the device to go to sleep and wakeup and send data only when queried. datasheet says this is not possible if i am using asynchronous receive interrupt. so i tried to figure out how to use the DT/CK instead of RX/TX . but i couldnt find much data on this.

is there a way to wake up pic using wireless reception?

use RB0 interrupt for wake up pic.

RB0 pin state can change by Zigbee Serial Output with a diode or resistor.

Jestin,

Thats sounds promising.. but could you explain it a little more?

Thanks.

enable the external interrupt RB0

connect the output of the xbee to this pin...........

so that whenever that xbee wants sending data to microcontroller first produces the interrupt then then its send the data.....

in case of microcontroller the external interrupt wakes up from the sleep and perform the further operation....

Master to Master in PIC16f917 or 877(How to do)

hi all.,

I have an experience with LM75 in I2C ...there i interface LM75 with pic16f917 by A0,A1,A2 address pin..how can i connect 917 and 917(Master Master) and which is address pin here?

Please anyone explain..

Status
Not open for further replies.