Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC16F877A Programmer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

XtremeTuningSolutions

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pic16f877a programmer

Hello I am looking for a Programmer to program a PIC16F877A?(TQFP)
Also would there be any set procedure on how to program the chip?
Please i would need the cheapest possible programmer to accomplish the job. Its probably the only chip i will program Thank You

pic cruizer

XtremeTuningSolutions said:
Hello I am looking for a Programmer to program a PIC16F877A?(TQFP)
Also would there be any set procedure on how to program the chip?
Please i would need the cheapest possible programmer to accomplish the job. Its probably the only chip i will program Thank You

Hai XtremeTuningSolutions
If it is the only chip you are going to program, why you wannna build a programmer? Just take the chip and the .hex file to any Chip vendor or any friend who has a programmer and you can get it programmed. For cheapest programmer just google for "JDM programmer" which works directly on the serial port of a PC. Or you may think of buying a pocket size PIC programmer for 5 volt devices, which operates on USB port without any external power supply, available from www.united77.com/products.htm. Here is its picture given below. Good luck.

pic cruizer usb pic programmer

Hello,
Thank you for the Quick Response really appreciate it.

Well I really want to cut out spending the money to get it program every time.

Does the "JDM programmer" OR "PIC Cruizer" support the TQFP Package? If so what adapter do you recommend?

I have both the Hex and Binary file. Does it matter which one i use?

Also is there any way to Reverse Engineer the 2 file types to get the orginal code?
Thank You

16f877a i/pt programlama

Yes the Cruizer supports PIC Micros with 5V. But for said package, you need to go for the appropiate adaptor for converting the same from DIP40 ZIF socket which is provided with the programmer. Also you may use the Cruizer to program the PIC on board as the same supports ICSP. Thus you may use only use 5 pins to program the chip on the target board. The 5 pin ICSP cable is provided with the programmer.
I guess with only the hex and binary file in hand, it is not possible to get the Complete code. Good luck.

pic16f877a layout board

Hello,
Do you know any adapter of the right size or brand that may be good for the TQFP package?

So your telling me that i can program the chip directly on the board with the ICSP cable? How much would everything be? I see it in Rupees something like 31 rupee plus shipping?

Is there anyway if you can draw and image that shows me which pins to connect the cable to on the PIC16F877A I/PT (TQFP)

Thank You

pic16f877a+programmers

Sorry friend. Practically i dont have any idea of the said package and its adaptors as i am personally using this programmer since 6 months plus without any problems and i frequently work with DIP packages.
Yes with the ICSP cable you can program the chip On board. You can visit thier site at the address given in my first post where you can find a list of supported chips as well a board layout with the ICSP connections.
The programmer comes with the maim board, the complimentary programming board with ZIF socket, , ICSP cable, USB cord, and a CD having all the relevant details of the programmer and the programming software. The total kit costs 1500/- Rupees including postage anywhere in India. Good luck

pic16f877a programmator

XtremeTuningSolutions said:
Hello,
Do you know any adapter of the right size or brand that may be good for the TQFP package?

So your telling me that i can program the chip directly on the board with the ICSP cable? How much would everything be? I see it in Rupees something like 31 rupee plus shipping?

Is there anyway if you can draw and image that shows me which pins to connect the cable to on the PIC16F877A I/PT (TQFP)

Thank You
In fact the device can be programmed while on target board (soldered) just by having access to the concerned Pins( Vdd, Vss, Vpp, S Clk, S Data)
the Programmer can be connected to a set of pins properly and by judicious break points to be implemented by target board designer . Once programmed, the said points can be soldered back. This is how Industry does it in large scale. Please the ICSP paragraph int he datasheet of 16F877A

Perhaps United 7 technologies will supply the cable along with the programmer while you purchase

ahow to program timer pic 16f877a

Hello,
How much is the programmer with the Cost shipped to the United States, Florida, 33313?

Also the software that comes with the Pic Cruizer would allow me to Load the .Hex file and program the chip with no voltage problems?

What about the the Programmers that MicroChip sells? Are they any good?

Thank You all for the Information I greatly appreciate it. Even the time for the Image layout (mvs sarma)

pic16f877a tqfp

Details are given in your PM. Please go through.
Regards..Pranam77

pic 16f877a .hex

Attached is a CHM file (windows help file) that contains information to build your own JDM programmer for <$1.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Ravi

pic16f877a usb programming

for some example project of pic and programmer you can scan this page
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back