Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC16f877a internal Oscillator...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kgavionics

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
i read in this here and in microchip forum that many users says that pic16f877a does'nt have an internal oscillator?are you sure about that? please take a look to my video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDd_Rh2qb10

i removed the crystal and the capacitors and i have the circuit working as you can see in the video

can you comment guys what's going on?

Hi
Ground the pin 13 and 14 of PIC16f877a then check

You can have internal oscillate with PIC16f887a

Last edited:

i removed the crystal and the capacitors and i have the circuit working as you can see in the video

can you comment guys what's going on?

Hi,

Most pics can be clocked by a simple RC network, if those pins are left unconnected the circuitry will probably just oscillate on its own so you get random timings.

Thats why any unused pin should be made as outputs, or if specified as an input, pulled up or down with a resistor to avoid such problems

Reactions: PA3040

PA3040

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi,

Most pics can be clocked by a simple RC network, if those pins are left unconnected the circuitry will probably just oscillate on its own so you get random timings.

Thats why any unused pin should be made as outputs, or if specified as an input, pulled up or down with a resistor to avoid such problems

Yes you're right :-D as my teacher always repeat:dont leave any floating pin what ever the reason.thx for the trick

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.