Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC16f877A 50 Hz pwm generation

Status
Not open for further replies.

tusemo

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is it possible to generate 50 Hz pwm signal to drive servo by pic 16f877a (20Mhz crystal- And I want to use cpp modules)

Yes it is possible to use PIC16F877A to generate 50 Hz PWM signal to drive servo. In the CCP module, generating PWM with frequency of 50Hz is not possible with clock frequencies in the MHz range, where you should use the compare part of the CCP module.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

Because of that I have used 1843200 Hz crystal to be able to generate 50Hz signal but in that case I couldn't communicate with pic by using Rx pin (I am using pic16f877a)

Instead of lowering clock frequency (thereby increasing instruction time) so that you can use the PWM part of the CCP module, just use the compare part of the CCP module along with Timer 1.

Can you give code example of using compare mode for generating 50 Hz pwm signal ?

Status
Not open for further replies.