Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC16F877 programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

bingoz2002

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how do we burn a program into the PIC chip. for my project, the device should not be connected to the computer, therefore, i'll have to store the program i created into the chip. Can anyone provide me with the procedures? The program i'm using is MPLAB. thanks.

First of all, you'l need another program called ICPROG (attached), here you are some procedures:
1- Since you use MPLAB then you are using Assembly language, write your software in Assembly and by using MPLAB compile the software and generate a *.HEX* file.
2- You have to generate this *.hex* file as this is the file that will be burnt onto your chip.
3- Open the ICPROG, and load it with your *.hex* file and choose your programmer(hardware) and the PIC type.
4- Connect your PIC to your programmer(Hardware) and start downloading the *.hex* file to your chip.

That's all, If you have something with these steps please, tell me.

attachment removed use the link in post below ...

Status
Not open for further replies.