Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pic16F877 & Pic16F877A

Status
Not open for further replies.

alzomor

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I made a programme for PIC16F877 .
it's working correctly on Proteus Simulator.
but I found Pic16F877A in the market.
When programed Pic16F877A with the program of Pic16F877 and test it in circuit , it's not working propaply.
My queston is how to modify my work to be workable with PIC16F877A

Salam
Hossam Alzomor

From your post, I can't tell if you debugged it on a real 877. The 877A and 877 code should be identical. If it worked of a real 877, is should also work on the 877A but a simulator isn't good enough. There are many things that will prevent it from working.

Things to look at:
- read the program back to make sure it actually got programmed
- verify your hardware (+5V, gnd connections, mclr pulled to +5, crystal/caps or resonator)
- if you have an o'scope, check the oscillator pins (osc1 or osc2) with a high impedence probe.
- write a super simple program that toggles 1 pin on and off every second or so and check the output with a dvm or led.

alzomor

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
What is the different between the normal PIC and the PIC-A devices

there is no single answer. the 877 and 877A differ in their programming algorithms. This means that you need a different boot loader. Other than that, I believe they are the same. Code that doesn't deal with the flash will work on both. Often the A parts are a die shrink version so they cost less to make and are thus cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.