Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC16F877 F877A difference ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

latecomer

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
f877a

I have a PicStart Plus programmer which can program PIC16F877 but it doesnt have the F877A listed in its list of supported processors , I tried programming the PIC16F877A using a ISCP connector but I'm only able to programme the chip only once, if I try to "verify" I get errors. Can someone tell me whats the difference between the two chips and is there a procedure to program the F877A using the PicStartPlus with only F877 in its list ???
Thanks in advance.

difference pic16f877a

here is the note from microchip telling the differences between 16f8xx and 16f8xxA

good reading!

Attachments

• 16f87xa.pdf
    54.4 KB · Views: 135

voltage comparator on pic16f877a

You can check / upgrade your programmers firmware:
**broken link removed**
I don't know if that firmware supports 877A-types, but it's worth a try.
If that doesn't help you should contact mirochip.

Mik

difference between pic16f877a and pic16f887

latecomer,

some time ago, i asked my local MChip representative what were the diferences for the "A" versions of the chips.

He simple answered me that the manufacturing process was using a thinner wafer now.

regards
asena

pic16f877a differences

the "A" contains a voltage comparator that the "not A" doesnt have too.

how many program block have pic16f877

hai,

is there any difference is there???

bye

picstart plus with pic16f877

Hi!

There is also a programming difference between "A" and non A
versions :

"Microchip have changed the flash writing sequence so that it writes in blocks of 4 words rather than single words"

Bootloaders from "microchipC.com" are different.

Regards

difference+between+pic16f877+and+pic16f877a

last release of ICPROG also supports it.

Only it can't supports "verifying during programming" optio for the reason of the 4 words block

pic16f877a pic 16f877 difference

iam also having the sane doubt wheather i can use pic 16f877a programer for programing pic 16f877

pic16f877 migration pic16f877a

Hi,
Pic 16f877A is having 2 Analogue Comparators,which 877 does not have. Moreover,for internal structural difference, to program both, 2 seperate programming softwares to be included in the main programming software. One will not suffice to program both. Thanks.

comparaison pic16f877 et pic16f877a

Big difference is 877A only in market :)

Do you get 877 in market? I not get at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.